The quarantine guidelines for overseas immigrants related to COVID-19 are frequently changed, so the contents of the website are for reference only, and please refer to the announcement of the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for more accurate quarantine procedures.
Notice regarding the suspension of mandatory PCR test within 1 day after entry(10.1(Sat) 0:00AM~)
Notice of suspension of submission of COVID-19 negative test result before the entry to South Korea (as of September 3rd)
- Beginning September 3, 2022, 0:00 AM(Saturday), the requirement for inbound travelers to submit pre-entry inspections(PCRs, RATs) and negative confirmations will be suspended, so please refer to this information if you are entering Korea.
- However, the duty to conduct the first inspection day after entering the country will remain in force. In this regard, persons entering the country are required to undergo a first-day inspection and to report the results to the relevant health center or the quarantine information pre-entry system(Q-CODE).
Quarantine Management Flow Chart for Overseas Entrants (Entrants via an Airport)
Foreigners for short-term stay entering via Incheon, Gimhae, and Jeju International Airports are requested to take a PCR test after arrival at the airport’s COVID-19 Test Center to facilitate entry into Korea.
COVID-19 Test Center in Jeju
◎ Jeju International Airport COVID-19 Test Center
- Operating hours: 7:00~20:00 (Open everyday)
- Location: Next to the C11 parking area (2, Gonghang-ro, Jeju-si, Jeju-do, 63115, Republic of Korea)
- Tel: +82-1533-1500
◎ Seogwipo Medical Center
- Operating hours: 9:00~17:00 (Weekdays)
- Location: 47, Jangsu-ro, Seogwipo-si, Jeju-do, Republic of Korea
- Tel: +82-64-730-3000
◎ Seogwipoyeollin Hospital
- Operating hours: 9:00~18:00 (Weekdays)/ 9:00~12:00 (Saturday)
- Location: 8638, Iljudong-ro, Seogwipo-si, Jeju-do, Republic of Korea
- Tel: +82-64-762-8001
Current Mask Wearing in Korea-
All visitors are highly recommended to use the Advance Input System (Q-CODE) for fast processing.
◎ Q-CODE: https://cov19ent.kdca.go.kr/cpassportal/biz/beffatstmnt/main.do?lang=en
Current Mask Wearing in Korea
- The outdoor mask mandate in Korea was adjusted starting May 2. Currently, the outdoor mask mandate (KRW 100,000 fine for non-compliance) is enforced in cases (1) where a 2-meter distance between people cannot be maintained particularly in settings with large crowds such as rallies, concerts, or events; (2) to use outdoor public-use facilities, or attend events with more than 50 people; (3) Person who has symptoms of COVID-19, or belong to high-risk groups.
- The indoor mask-wearing mandate remains in place without change; Everyone aged 2 years or older – including passengers – should properly wear a well-fitting mask in indoor areas including public transportation (such as airplanes, trains, buses, and ferries) and transportation hubs (such as airports, stations, and seaports), especially in a location that is crowded or poorly ventilated such as airport jetways.
- In short, please always carry a mask while you are in Korea because wearing a mask and taking off a mask are intertwined in everyday life. (for example, entering a restaurant you have to wear a mask from entering, ordering to serving; during eating, you can remove the mask; you have to wear a mask again while staying in the restaurant after eating; you can take off your mask when you leave the restaurant).