Visit Korea by Flight : http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/TRP/TP_ENG_1.jsp#Jeju
* Services and facilities may be limited or unavailable due to COVID-19; please check in advance.
Jeju Tourist Information Center (Online Chat Service) : https://www.visitjeju.net/en/tourInfo/inquiry?tap=one&menuId=DOM_000001823008004000#
Access to Jeju
Jeju Island is located at the center of East Asia and acts as an important linkage that connects China, Japan, and South East Asia. The island can be reached by air or cruise ship, but the fastest and most comfortable way to reach it is by air. You can check the flight times in real time with the Korean Airports Corporation’s Korea Smart Airports App.
Guide to flights :
The Jeju International Airport has a total of 29 direct routes (13 domestic and 16 international).
Domestic routes link Jeju and elsewhere in the nation- Incheon, Gimpo, Gimhae, Chongju, Wonju, Daegu, Gunsan, Gwangju, Ulsan, Pohang, Sacheon, Yeosu and Muan.
International routes connect Jeju and cities of three countries-Japan, China and Taiwan. The cities are Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya and Fukuoka in Japan and Beijing, Shanghai, Dalian, Changchun, Shenyang, Harbin, Xian, Lanzhou, Yanji and Hangzhou in China as well as Taiwanese cities of Taipei and Kaohsiung. 94 percent of tourists to Jeju use airplanes.
• They take off and land 143,000 times in a year including Boeing 747’s using the 3km runway and the Jeju Airport can handle 15.2 million passengers a year.
Based on mid & long term airport expansion plans, 375.5 Mil. USD will be invested to expand the airport till 2020. During the first phase of the project up to 2010, they expanded the capacity of the taking off and landing to 177,000 times and enlarge major facilities so that they could handle 18.64 million passengers, a year.
(Source: ‘Traveling to Jeju’ from www.jeju.go.kr)
Flight service is available for 11 cities in three countries: Japan, China, and Taiwan For international meetings.
Jeju allows visa-free entry for 184 nationals for stays less than 30 days. Expanded flights and direct flights are also available.
By air : Several direct international routes connect Jeju to major cities. Entry and departure policies have been established for Jeju applying nowhere else in Korea: those who otherwise could not, including individual tourists from China, may enter without a visa. Visitors may stay for 30 days without visa.
- Incheon International Airport : 39 major international airlines from 23 countries provide regular flight service between Incheon International Airport and other major cities worldwide.
- Flight Route to Jeju : There are three ways to fly to Jejudo Island: direct international flight, transfer from Incheon International Airport for domestic flight to Jeju, or transfer to Gimpo Airport from Incheon International Airport by ground transportation (bus, train) for domestic flight to Jeju
- Transfer to Gimpo Airport for flight to Jeju : Upon arriving Incheon International Airport, you may take an airport limousine bus to Gimpo Airport. It takes about 30 minutes, and the fare is 6,000 Korean won (*US$ 5.5). The airport limousine bus runs every day from 05:00 to 21:30 at 5 to 10 minute intervals.Train is also available from Incheon International Airport to Gimpo Airport. It takes 33 minutes for 3,650 Korean Won (*US$ 3.3). It operates from 05:50 until 23:58.The national carriers including Korea Air and Asiana Airlines operate at 15 to 20 minute intervals from 06:55 to 20:50. Flight time is about 50 minutes.
|Guide to available flights||Website|
|Jeju International Airport|
- Based on US$=KRW 1,090 Exchange rate is subject to change.
- Schedule of limousine bus and train between Incheon International Airport and Gimpo Airport is subject to change without further notice.
From Jeju International Airport to ICC JEJU
From Jeju Internation Airport, you will reach ICC Jeju in approximately 40-50 minutes by car through Pyeonghwa-Ro Road. Limousine buses are also available every 15 minutes at the airport.
Guide to the airport limousines (Jeju International Airport ↔ Jeju International Convention Center)
- Place : Limousine bus stop at the left side of the front gate (Samyoung Traffic No. 600)
- First departure : 06:20 at the airport; last departure: after the arrival of the last airplane
- Service route : Airport → T.H.E Hotel and Vegas Casino Jeju → Entrance to the Yeomiji Botanical Garden → Hyatt Hotel → Shilla Hotel → Lotte Hotel → Hankook Condominium → Jeju International Convention Center → New Gyeongnam Hotel → Seogwipo KAL Hotel
Taxi guide (Jungmun – Jeju International Airport)
- Select the distance (long-distance or short-distance) at the taxi stop.
- When you go to the Center, it is all right to take a taxi at the long-distance stop.
- Since the taxi fare is fixed, please confirm the distance before taking a taxi
- Fare (Korean won) : About 30,000 won; Distance: 40km; Duration: 40-45 minutes
Rental Car Guide
- Advanced reservation is recommended if you plan to rent a car.
- Upon arrival, you can sign up for rental cars at the rent-a-car desk nearby airport exit.